or type this into your browser: http://pestexpertsaz.com
We hear that cockroaches have lived through millions of years , and that even a nuclear blast would not kill all of them. I guess we should just accept the fact that we might see one time to time. Regardless of what we hear, we don’t have to accept them into our homes.
Here are some interesting facts about cockroaches:
- Cockroaches DO NOT only live in dirty homes. Roaches can live in the walls of clean homes as well. They have larger colonies in homes that are less clean because there is a bigger supply of food.
- American roaches can lay an egg sac every 2-3 days, and each sac contains about 12 babies.
- Roaches are primarily active for a 4 hour period of your homes normal “lights out” time although they can be seen at other times as well.
- Roaches primarily come out for water, not food.
- Roaches can live for a month without food, but only a week without water.
- The reason substances like boric acid works to kill roaches is that they routinely clean themselves and each other. So, boric acid on their bodies will be eaten and will kill them, and some of their friends.
- Young roaches need a crack only as thin as a dime to crawl into. (about.5mm) Adult males can squeeze into a space of 1.6mm or the thickness of a quarter. Pregnant females need the most space to hide: 4.5mm or a space as tall as two stacked nickels.
Stayed tuned for the part 2 of this blog post – “Easy Tips to Keeping Cockroaches Out Of Your Home”